Thank you to all our members.
(Currently there are 198 increased from 25 in 2009)
A reminder your MBMHS membership is due
- Mail to PO Box #263 Mill Bay BC V0R 2P2
- Drop off at Mill Bay Paint and Hardware, Mill Bay Centre Mall
2019 has been a busy year thanks to your interest and support
- Heritage Museum: Opened in June, 675 visitors to date and 4 tour groups (Closed for January and February 2020)
- Rotating Community Displays: in the Mill Bay Mall’s Medical Centre, South Cowichan branch of the Vancouver Island Regional Library, ISCU, the Mill Restaurant, Mill Bay Centre Information Centre, and the Royal Bank
- Digital Archive Development and Inventory Collection: based on interviews, scanned photos from local families and artifact donations.
- White Cross Community Event: Annual placement of white cross on veterans graves at Shawnigan Cemetery, St. Francis Xavier Cemetery, Mill Bay United Church and Dougan’s Cemetery. This event recognizes those veterans who were not killed in the war and therefore are not included in Nov. 11 cenotaph ceremonies but are buried in the local cemeteries.
- History Presentations to community groups across Vancouver Island